Does your back hurt after pushing your child’s stroller? Do you find yourself hunching over excessively and straining your neck and shoulders?
The last thing you’d want is to exacerbate your body’s condition after spending a grand 9 months carrying a baby, with poor posture from using a not comfortable stroller that just simply isn’t designed for tall parents.
Believe it or not, you may be too tall for a standard stroller. If that is the case, you may need to look for a different one that will be more comfortable not just for your child’s sake but for your own.
We have put together a guide to help you narrow down some top picks on the best stroller for tall parents and find the right choice for you.
- Why Do Tall Parents Need a Special Stroller?
- Types of Strollers to Consider For Tall Parents
- The Best Stroller for Tall Parents
- 1. Britax B-Ready G2 Stroller
- 2. BOB Revolution Flex 2.0 Jogging Stroller
- 3. JOOVY New Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller
- 4. Baby Trend EZ Ride 35 Travel System
- 5. Chicco Bravo LE Quick-Fold Stroller
- 6. Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System with OnBoard 35 LT Infant Car Seat
- 7. Summer 3Dflip Convenience Stroller
- 8. Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller
- 9. UPPAbaby G-Luxe Stroller
- 10. BABY JOY Lightweight Stroller
- Stroller Features For Tall Parents
Considering the average height of a stroller is 34-35 inches, it’s easy to understand why you need more than one stroller specially designed for taller parents (most likely over 5’6”). Short strolls may not have much of an effect, but prolonged pushing can lead to aches and pains.
Related: How Many Stroller Do I Need?
Stooping over to push your child on a long walk or shopping trip can affect your posture.  Your spine is curved for an extended period of time, putting pressure on your back, neck, and shoulders, leaving you longing for a break. 
A taller stroller or one that has variable stroller handles can help you stand up straighter, taking pressure off your back and upper body. You can save yourself a lot of discomfort this way.
This is the most common type of stroller among the wide range there is. It is intended for normal, everyday activities, like taking a walk around the block or going shopping at the mall.
They can be a little bulky when folded, so they’re not the best for carrying. However, they do tend to have a good amount of storage and may even have a detachable child tray with a cup holder for your child.
As you can probably guess by its name, jogging strollers tend to be used for running or jogging with your child. They are usually pretty bulky, and most only have 3 wheels to make it much easier to steer when jogging.
Jogging strollers typically have all-terrain wheels too, which can help when walking off-road.
Umbrella strollers are similar to a standard stroller in that they are used for everyday activities. The biggest difference is that they are lighter weight and fold into a much more compact size. They can be carried easily when not in use and fit into any car trunk.
You may be interested in: How to Connect Two Umbrella Strollers
Another self-explanatory stroller type, double strollers are used when you are pushing more than one child. The two infant car seats may be side by side or in line (one in front and one in back). They need to have excellent steering since you will be pushing double the weight and more bulk.
These are best described as stroller frames into which a car seat can be fastened. They are only practical when your little one is still in their infancy stage, but they can be particularly helpful if your baby falls asleep in the car – especially when they are adjustable strollers that can convert to fit your needs in different situations.
You can just move their whole car seat rather than unbuckle them to take them out, risking waking them and bringing on the tears.
Related: 5 Best Baby Travel System
The Best Stroller for Tall Parents
The first stroller on our list is a great standard stroller for tall moms and dads. Britax makes very high-quality car infant seats and strollers, so with this one you can expect some of the best features.
There are so many seating options available with this Britax B-Ready G2 stroller. It is infant car seat compatible with all Britax and BOB seats, making it a great travel convertible system stroller as well.
You can also purchase the B Ready Second Seat and bassinet separately to use with your second child or infant respectively.
The no flat tires are particularly nice. You still get the grip that rubber wheels offers without worrying about a flat tire at the most inopportune time.
Of course, the best feature of this stroller that makes it a great choice for taller parents is that it is an adaptable handle stroller. The stroller adjustable handlebar doesn’t necessarily change the height but rather calibrates the angle.
This can still be useful for parents of different heights to find a comfortable angle and hand position.
- Compatible with all Britax and BOB car infant seats
- Extra-large UV 50+ canopy
- Adjustable handlebars
- Extra seating options with B Ready Second Seat and B Ready bassinet
- Rubber no flat tires
- Difficult to maneuver at times
- Very heavy (30 pounds)
- High price range
- Bulky when folded
- Versatile design, no flat rubber tires, and double seating with the same mobility as a single stroller
- Quick fold with 1 or 2 seats attached; 12 seating options when paired with the B Ready Bassinet, Britax Infant Car Seats, or B Ready Second Seat (all sold separately)
- Travel System ready: compatible with all Britax and BOB infant car seats
Built on its reputation as one of the best jogging strollers, another sturdy stroller for tall people is the BOB Revolution Flex 2.0. It is built to last, allowing you a smooth and easy ride both on road and off, whether you are running or walking.
The wheels are like bike tired, rubber on the outside with inflatable tubes on the inside. There has been some complaint about the inner tubes needing to be replaced frequently, but overall, this stroller has one of the smoothest rides available.
The tires’ rubber grip makes it easy to push this stroller over rougher terrain, and the mountain bike suspension keeps your little one’s ride smooth. Recline the seat back into a almost flat position, pop out the extra large sun canopy, and they will be comfortable for a long ride.
Like the previous product we looked at, the stroller handlebar on the Revolution Flex 2.0 is also adjustable. You can change the handle height and angle to find a comfortable position for parents of varying heights, including those who are a bit taller than average.
- Compatible with BOB and Britax infant seats
- Locking front wheel for stability when jogging
- Air-filled tires provide mountain bike suspension
- Adjustable angle handlebar
- Extra large UPF 50 canopy
- On the luxury spectrum of price range
- Bulky when folded
- Difficult to fold
- Tire tubes need to be replaced frequently
- Fit: Birth to 75 pounds; 0 to 8 weeks with the use of an Infant Car Seat Adapter & compatible Infant Car Seat; child height 44 inches; Dimensions 25.4W x 43H x 44D inches
- Smooth; speedy stability: locking swivel front wheel; air filled tires; and mountain bike style suspension system
- Adjustable & Safe: 9 position adjustable handlebar with wrist strap; no rethread five point harness; near flat recline; and extra large UPF 50 plus canopy
The first and possibly best umbrella stroller for taller parents we will see on our list is the JOOVY New Groove Ultralight.
What makes it a great stroller for tall people? It doesn’t have variable stroller handles or handle heights that can be adjusted, but it is a high back stroller and is infant car seat compatible with children up to 44 inches tall.
In addition to its overall height, this product has some other great features to consider when making a purchase decision.
The stroller handles themselves are shaped nicely, being marketed as “zero-hunch” handles. The height of the stroller plus the ergonomic angle of the handles make it very comfortable for tall moms and dads pushing the stroller.
This stroller is also extremely lightweight and folds nice and compact with its own attached carrying strap, making it easy for you to take anywhere and load into any size car trunk.
Additional safety features include a large canopy – which isn’t as large as the previous ones we saw, but bigger than most found on comparable umbrella strollers – and five-point safety harness.
- Easy, compact fold
- Extremely lightweight
- Fits children up to 44 inches tall
- Can be carried by attached shoulder strap
- 2 cup holders, zipper pouch, and large storage basket underneath
- Canopy doesn’t block much for short children or babies
- Wheels don’t have good suspension – a common issue with lightweight umbrella strollers
- Difficult to steer with child’s weight
- Not great for shorter parents
- Your child can nap from newborn to 55 pounds in a near-flat recline
- UPF 50 canopy provides sun protection plus peek-a-boo window. The maximum height of a child the product is designed to carry is 44 inches
- 2 cup holders and zippered storage pocket. Compact standing umbrella fold. Zero-Hunch Handlebars
Though the first two strollers we looked at on our list of are car seat ready, nothing compares to purchasing an everything-included and fit-all stroller set – a travel system.
It comes with everything you need, without having to buy the car seat and stroller separately. And you will know 100% for sure that your car seat will work with the stroller.
The Baby Trend EZ Ride 35 stroller and car seat combo is a great choice for tall moms and dads. The adaptable stroller handlebar makes it easy to find a height and angle that works for just about any height.
Though it is not a jogging stroller, it has a similar design with a three-wheeled frame rather than four. The single wheel in the front makes it easier to steer. Do not use it for jogging though; the wheels are not made for that.
The storage options available with this stroller are also top notch. Not only does it include a large storage basket under the seat to store bigger items like diaper bags, but it also includes child and parent trays to keep everything you will both need within reach.
- Parent and child trays for additional storage
- Adjustable angle handlebar
- Comes with car seat and stroller
- Easy maneuverability with three wheels
- Very affordable
- Difficult to collapse
- Car seat doesn’t lock into stroller completely
- Straps on car seat are difficult to adjust
- Not for rough terrain
- Stroller designed for children up to 50 pounds and up to 42"
- Dual front wheels for superior maneuverability
- Large canopy with peek-a-boo window and large storage basket
the Chicco Bravo LE stroller is quite sleek and modern looking, giving your child the appearance of riding in style. But its looks isn’t the only thing that makes this stroller a choice on our list of the very best strollers for leggy parents.
First and foremost, the modifiable handlebar is what makes it a great stroller for tall people.
In addition to this feature, there are some great storage options. There are parent and child trays with cup holders. And the basket under the child seat is one of the biggest you will find on a stroller, and it is very easy to access from both the front and the back of the stroller.
You will also appreciate the smooth ride from this stroller thanks to the all wheel suspension system.
- Adjustable angle handlebar
- Easy access undercarriage basket
- One hand folding system
- Includes child and parent storage trays
- Suspension system of wheel offers smooth ride
- Stroller is a great value for money option
- Not made for rough terrain
- Child tray needs to be removed to fold
- Pretty heavy
- Cup holders are very shallow
- Removable seat for easy transformation into a stylish frame carrier for the key fit
- Large basket easily accessed from front or rear and for children up to 50 pounds. Supports a child from 6 months
- Multi-position reclining seat and all-wheel suspension for baby's comfort
Another good travel system is the Safety 1st Smooth Ride with OnBoard 35 LT car seat. Again, with your purchase of this splendid combo, you will have everything you need for transporting your baby in both the car and stroller without having to purchase parts separately.
The stroller and car seat are relatively simple, and they include most of the basic features you will be looking for in a convertible stroller system. The ride is fairly smooth, and the basket plus parent and child trays are an added bonus when it comes to storage.
The biggest downside to this stroller is that it does not have an adjustable stroller handle. It’s not an overall short stroller, but runs about average, which may or may not be the best for taller parents.
- Comes with both the stroller and infant car seat
- Includes both parent and child trays with cup holders
- Four harness heights on car seat
- Easy one hand folding system
- High quality car seat from a trusted brand
- Lacks a handlebar with handle height that can be adjusted
- Not very high-quality stroller
- Heavy and bulky
- Materials are not breathable
- Agile wheels for maximum maneuverability; Stroller is for use with children who can sit up unassisted, and is not recommended for newborns
- Rear-facing 4 - 35 pounds; Adjustable base. Plush fabrics for an extra comfy ride
- Side impact protection: The buckle adjusts in 2 ways so that you can customize not only the length, but also the buckle’s position on your child
Summer Infant has some of the most affordable and reliable umbrella strollers on the market. They are effortless to fold, lightweight, and even include a shoulder strap for easy carrying when not in use.
The Summer 3Dflip stroller stands out among their other products in its unique design. There aren’t many umbrella strollers on the market that have a reversible seat, allowing your child to sit facing forward or backward. This makes it easier for you to keep an eye on them and keep them entertained.
What makes it one of the best options for tall moms and dads? The stroller is just over 40 inches tall, quite a bit taller than the average umbrella stroller. The height plus ergonomic stroller handles make it a comfortable umbrella stroller for tall parents.
- Tall stroller with ergonomic handles
- Child can sit facing forward or backward
- Easy to fold and carry
- Lightweight umbrella design
- Very affordable
- Difficult to access storage basket when child facing backward
- Not ideal for newborn babies
- Does not steer very smoothly
- Hard to open one handed
- REVERSIBLE SEAT DESIGN – Change the way you look at umbrella strollers. The Summer 3Dflip Convenience Stroller has a unique reversible seat design that allows baby to face you when younger or face the world when they’re older and more curious. The folded dimensions are 40.38 x 13 x 9.50 inches
- LIGHTWEIGHT - A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier. The Summer 3Dflip Baby Stroller has a durable, lightweight aluminum frame and a large seat area, plus anti-shock front wheels and toe tapping rear wheel locks.
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands, having a lightweight, compact stroller is a must. With this one easy to use stroller, you’ll have both an everyday and travel stroller option.
On the hunt for jogging strollers that are easy to maneuver and fit two children? Look no further than the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2. This stroller is highly versatile and made with care and quality in mind.
The Baby Jogger double stroller is made to be used with two children, but you can use the stroller seats for separate functions. Use one side for a toddler and the other for an infant with a car seat. Or use them both the same, for infants or toddlers.
The wheels of this double stroller are rugged, made with bike-like tires and excellent suspension to roll smoothly both on and off road.
Nearly everything is adjustable to make it the most comfortable experience for both parent and child. The child’s seat reclines effortlessly and the calf rest is height adjustable to keep their legs from dangling.
And the parent handlebar adjusts, making it one of the best double strollers for tall parents.
- Highly versatile with child carrying options
- Adjustable handlebars with adaptable handle heights
- Fully adjustable child seat
- Rugged wheels and suspension for smooth ride on rough terrain
- Full coverage UPF 50 canopy
- A somewhat expensive double stroller
- All accessories (i.e. parent tray) are sold individually
- Bulky and heavy
- Doesn’t stand on its own when folded
- Forever air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension provide a comfortable stroll on any terrain
- Adjustable handlebar and hand-operated parking brake provide comfortable steering and control, all within an arm's reach
- Customize your ride for 4 different modes of use with accessories like the infant car seat, pram, glider board, parent console, child tray, and more (sold separately)
The UPPAbaby G-Luxe stroller is a great option and one of the best standard strollers for tall parents. The handle heights can not adjust, but the overall height of the stroller is nearly 42 inches. Combined with the ergonomic handle angle, you can enjoy effortlessly pushing the stroller without strain from hunching over.
In addition to the height, this stroller has some other great features. The large canopy extends to provide additional sun coverage for your child. It may not cover them all the way when they are little, but it will definitely keep the sun out of their eyes as they get taller.
The stroller is easy to fold and transport wherever you may need it. With the little kickstand, it stands on its own when folded, and the shoulder strap makes it easy to carry.
- Shoulder strap for easy carrying
- Stands on its own when folded
- One of the few tall frame strollers for tall parents
- Ergonomic handles for parent comfort
- One step brake for additional safety
- Harness straps are uncomfortable
- Heavier than most other umbrella strollers
- Canopy doesn’t provide as much coverage as others
- Foot brake is difficult to push
- NEW! 2018 model G-LUXE Stroller
- One-handed actuated recline and adjustable footrest
- Large stretch knit canopy with extendable UPF 50+ sunshade for great sun and wind protection
As far as umbrella strollers go, you can’t find a better affordable and lightweight stroller for tall parents than the BABY JOY Lightweight stroller.
The frame itself is 43.5 inches, making it one of the tallest umbrella strollers we’ve looked at. This will make it very comfortable for tall parents to push for extended periods of time.
Don’t expect many bells and whistles with this model. It’s relatively simple, giving you just what you need to have a reliable and lightweight ride for your child.
The canopy isn’t huge, but it will provide some protection from the sun for your little one. It is fairly simple to fold and comes with a shoulder strap as well to make it easy to carry when not in use.
- Very tall at 43.5 inches
- Comes in 4 colors
- 5-point harness and lockable rear wheels
- Canopy is not very big
- Seat does not lay flat
- Storage basket is small
- Wheels lack a suspension system
- A Real Lightweight Stroller: The lightweight is not a slogan. After folding the stroller, one finger could hold it to stand. And it will surely become your favorite "get around town" accessory. Young mother could easily carry it when holding baby in the arm.
- High Quality Finish: Even though it is a lightweight stroller, it is constructed strongly with heavy-duty Aluminum frame which can be used for a long period time for your baby from little infant to an older one. You can fold it without much effort when you want to store it.
- Adjustable Canopy: The proof UV canopy is large and could be adjustable. Thus this function could block your little ones from harmful UV, and won't that hurt their eyes. Also, this part could be stretched out and folded back, which could be adjusted by needing.
Stroller Features For Tall Parents
- Adjustable or Tall Handle(s)
As mentioned, having taller or adjustable handles is the most important feature to look for when choosing a top-rated stroller that is the one for you. Strollers with adjustable handles and handle heights are preferred, especially if both parents are very different in height to prevent excessive stress against the spine or possibly, scoliosis. 
If your child will be sitting for an extended period of time, you want to make sure they will be comfortable. This means you need a stroller ensuring that the padded seat has plenty of cushion for their body and head as well as the ability to recline for sleeping.
You will also want to consider the amount of ventilation allowed by the fabric on the seat and sides – and not to mention, stroller accessories to keep the little one entertained!
It can be very frustrating to fight with a stroller either when you are ready to get going or trying to pack it up. Add a crying child and your patience will be very thin. Look for an option that will take away this stress, one that is hassle-free to fold and set up.
No matter what type of stroller you end up with, you want it to be easy to maneuver. This is especially important if you are looking at jogging strollers or double strollers, which both have quite a bit of bulk. Pivoting front wheels are essential when it comes to maneuverability.
Also read: 5 Best Strollers for Beach Sand
Putting your own comfort aside, the most important thing you need to consider when choosing a stroller for tall people is your child’s safety. Most strollers for tall parents tend to have several safety features included. These include a five-point harness, brakes on all or rear wheels, and a sun shade canopy.
A taller seat not only makes the stroller better for tall parents to prevent hunching over, but it also typically means longer use for your child. As your child grows and gets taller, they will still have back support if the seat is taller.
Traveling with a child – even a day out on the town – requires a lot of packing. You don’t want a lot of extra bulk hanging on you when you are also trying to push a stroller.
The stroller should have a decent amount of storage that also allows easy access to the things you need. A large undercarriage basket, a child tray with cup holder, and parent tray with cup holder and compartment are all great storage features in a stroller.
Any product lacking in built-in storage options may result in you spending a few more bucks in purchasing a stroller organizer.
You may be interested in: 21 (Tested) Stroller Storage Ideas
It can be difficult to find a good stroller for taller people, but we have been able to narrow it down and choose the best overall.
Our top pick for the best overall from this list is the Chicco Bravo LE Quick-Fold Stroller.
It hits all of the main points we are looking for in a stroller for tall parents. It is effortless to fold, has an adaptable handlebar, plenty of storage for parent and child, and is overall comfortable for both parent and child. You really can’t go wrong with this stroller in our opinion!
What’s your thought on our stroller for leggy parents list? If you enjoy reading our top picks, do spread the word to those in need!
Last update on 2022-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API