A baby monitor is often a nursery staple. Choosing one for your baby registry isn’t easy, there is a wide variety available. One such model is the Hello Baby HB32 Video Baby Monitor.
Though Hellobaby has only been around since 2017, they are a leader in monitors. That is because they only produce one thing, quality baby monitors and services!
In this article, we will provide a complete Hello Baby monitor review for the Hellobaby HB32. This monitor provides parents with everything they need to watch their child from a distance.
It includes a multi-feature parent unit and camera that tracks everything from sound to temperature. You can even purchase additional cameras to pair with the parent unit. You can find much-needed peace of mind knowing that you will be alerted should your child need you.
- Includes camera and parent unit
- Additional cameras can be purchased and paired
- 960ft transmission range
- Two-way talk feature
- Night vision
- The camera doesn’t move
- Narrow vision field
- Even the lowest sound setting is somewhat loud
Video monitors, like the Hello Baby video monitor, allow parents to hear and see their baby when they cannot be physically present in the room. This is their largest benefit.
When parents place their child in their own bedroom, they can keep the baby monitor next to their bed. The parent unit will signal if the baby wakes up or begins to cry. Parents can feel confident going to sleep knowing the monitor will alert them should anything happen.
Video monitors can also help with sleep training and habit tracking. Many parents want their little one to learn to self soothe. A video monitor provides a way for parents to watch their children and determine if they are calming down or if they need a little extra attention.
That being said, baby monitors are typically only ideal for parents of young children. Baby monitors do not make great home security cameras.
If you are looking for a way to watch your older children arrive home from school, or even keep an eye on your pets, you would likely be happier with a home security camera system. Baby monitors are generally better suited to parents of infants or young children.
Can Hello Baby monitors be hacked?
The Hello Baby monitor is wireless, but it is designed to be extremely secure. Security is provided through frequency-hopping and digital encryption technology. These features ensure that you will be the only one watching and listening to your baby.
Does this Hello Baby HB32 monitor use WIFI?
The HB32 Hellobaby monitor does not use WiFi. Instead, it uses 2.4Ghz wireless technology.
Is the Hello Baby HB32 good for travel?
Because it doesn’t rely on Wi-Fi or LTE, this monitor can be used for travel. The camera and parent unit can be taken with you and set up wherever you find yourself.
Ease of Setting Up
The Hello Baby wireless video baby monitor is very easy to set up. Because it doesn’t use WiFi, Bluetooth, or LTE you don’t have to worry about pairing it to a network or doing anything technological.
All you need to do is plug in the camera and charge the parent unit, then you are ready to go!
This monitor uses only one rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is included. It has a decent battery life that can be extended by using the VOX mode.
This allows the parent monitor to go into power-saving mode and only reactivate when sound is detected. On regular mode, the battery lasts around 3 hours.
The HB32 Hellobaby video baby monitor has an impressive 960ft range. Keep in mind that this is open range and walls or other barriers may impair this.
Still, this long-range monitor is perfect for use around your home. It will likely even extend a little outside of your home should you want to relax on the deck or work in your yard.
Audio & Video Quality
The video and audio quality of this monitor are pretty good. A few Hello Baby monitor reviews mention the video being blurry.
However, this is common with infrared cameras during dawn and dusk, when the room isn’t dark but it isn’t bright either. The audio quality is clear and easy to hear.
Pan, Tilt, and Zoom
The Hellobaby HB32 unfortunately does not have a pan feature. I can zoom up to 2x. The camera is able to be tilted and rotated, but this has to be done manually and cannot be done from the parent monitor.
This is an excellent battery saving feature. VOX mode, also known as standby or power-saving mode, turns off the video feed on the parent unit but keeps the sound active.
The screen will reactivate when noise is detected. Additionally, the monitor speaker turns off when the sound is below 50db for greater than 7 seconds, it reactivates when noise is detected.
You can purchase up to three additional cameras as the included parent unit can pair with four cameras total. This is an excellent feature if you have more than one child. Parents can select which camera they want to monitor or scan each of them.
The frequency-hopping and encryption make this camera safe and secure. You don’t have to worry about anyone else listening to or watching your child. These things also make it very reliable; keeping you in the know and in turn your little one safe.
The two-way talk feature allows parents to communicate with their child via the camera microphone and parent unit. You can reassure your child without even entering their room.
Lullaby Playing Capability
The camera is also able to play lullabies. Parents can select one of eight songs from the parent unit and then start and stop the song being played over the camera.
The camera includes infrared night vision. You will be able to see your sleeping baby even in the darkest of rooms.
The camera includes a temperature sensor. It will automatically relay the temperature of your baby’s room to the parent unit so you can ensure your child is perfectly comfortable.
Hellobaby HB32 vs Babysense V24US Video Baby Monitor
These two monitors are very similar and cost around the same. Both monitors have popular features like two-way audio, night vision, and lullaby playing capability.
However, the BabySense monitor is more compact and has a smaller video screen. Additionally, the BabySense has a slightly shorter range.
Similarities & Differences
- Both have night vision
- Both cameras have two-way audio and lullaby capability
- The Babysense monitor has a shorter range (by 60ft)
- The Babysense monitor has a smaller screen
- The Babysense camera can pan and tilt automatically
If you are looking for a more compact alternative, check out the Babysense Monitor!
- HAVE A PEACE OF MIND – Our Baby Monitor with Camera allows monitoring your baby’s sleep with 2.4 Inch High Quality Color LCD Display, providing high quality and stable streaming, secure hacking-free connection and crystal clear digital vision & sound. Your baby deserves the best care.
- SOOTHE & COMFORT YOUR BABY: Use the two-way audio or the programmed lullaby sounds to calm your baby remotely. So you can comfort your baby with the sound of your own voice, sometimes our little angels just need to hear our voice!
- STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR BABY – There's nothing more stressful than not knowing what your little one is doing. That is why our Babysense portable baby monitor features long range of up to 900 feet (OPEN SPACE), which does not require wifi (no hacking risks) and allows you to move freely in your house or yard and sleep better at night.
Hellobaby HB32 vs Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Monitor
The Infant Optics monitor is a more high-end model, and it has the price tag to match. Unlike the Hellobaby monitor, the camera can pan, tilt automatically, and zoom closer while the Hellobaby has a manual tilt.
Additionally, it has interchangeable lenses that can expand the view features. Both monitors have two-way audio, night-vision, and can pair with up to four cameras.
Similarities & Differences
- Both have night vision
- Both have a two-way audio and power-saving mode
- Infant Optics can pan, tilt, and zoom closer
- Infant Optics includes interchangeable lenses
- The Infant Optics has a shorter range (by 200ft)
The Infant Optics DXR-8 video monitor is great for parents who want a crystal-clear camera with multiple viewing options.
- 2020 Award Winner: Babylist Best Baby Monitors Of 2020 *(Awarded On January 8, 2020)
- Perfect Size & Weight Ratio - No Large Batteries To Power Energy-Hungry Large Screens. The Dxr-8 Is Light-Weight And Portable, Designed For True Mobility Around The House. 10-Hr Battery Life On Power-Saving Mode, 6-Hr With Screen On
- Full Viewing Control - The Dxr-8 Is A Baby Monitor With Camera Features Such As Pan/Tilt/Digital Zoom And Interchangeable Lens. Fit The Zoom Lens To See Even Closer, Or Zoom Out With The Wide Angle Lens. Expandable Up To 4 Cameras
Hellobaby HB32 vs Summer Baby Pixel Cadet Video Baby Monitor
These two cameras are quite similar, both having VOX, night vision, temperature display. However, the Summer Baby has a slightly longer range. Its camera can also move and includes a virtual boundary that will send an alert when the baby exits the set safe space.
Similarities & Differences
- Both have night vision, two-way talk, and lullaby capability
- Both have a similar screen size
- The Summer Baby includes a safe space boundary
- The Summer Baby camera can tilt and pan automatically
- The Summer Baby has a longer range (by 40ft)
The Summer Baby Pixel Cadet baby monitor is a good choice for those who want a system with many extra features like a boundary box and a white noise machine.
- ADDED PEACE OF MIND - When baby sleeps well, the whole family sleeps well! The Summer Baby Pixel Cadet Video Baby Monitor brings a greater level of peace of mind right into the hands of parents, so everyone sleeps better.
- SET A VIRTUAL BOUNDARY – With SleepZone Virtual Boundary, you can set a boundary box around a selected area and be alerted on the video monitor when your child exits their safe space. You can also purchase more cameras to monitor up to 4 rooms total.
- BETTER VIEW OF BABY – The remote camera steering pans left to right and tilts up and down, so you always have the perfect view! Plus, the 4.3” handheld monitor has temperature display, 3-level zoom, wall mount hardware and up to 1,000-ft range.
The Hellobaby HB32 is a great base model monitor. It has many wonderful features like night-vision, two-way talk, and a decently long range. It can pair with up to four cameras which is ideal for those with more than one child.
If you are looking for a baby monitor that provides you with peace of mind, without having too many extra features at an affordable price, then check out the HB32!
What do you think about the Hello Baby HB32 monitor? Let us know in the comments!
Last update on 2021-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API