As a mother of two, I’m often asked how many baby wipes per month should I be using?
One of the most essential pieces of kit in a changing bag, baby wipes make cleaning up after a baby easy. There are so many uses to baby wipes – it can be used to wipe your baby’s mouth after their meal, cleaning their hands after playing in their playpen or playard, and even cleaning parts of your baby’s travel system and toys. But, when considering the number of wipes used, the cost here can run quite high.
So, it pays to get those better baby wipes that will go the distance and offer enough for a baby’s needs. But, it also means finding those packs that offer value for money.
TOP 10 BABY WIPES RECOMMENDATIONS TO BUY TODAY:
How Many Baby Wipes Do I Need to Be Using for My Baby?
Several factors will affect the number of baby wipes used in a day, a month or a year. Many parents like to get an average idea here to help them prepare beforehand, which is why I make this how many baby wipes per month article for your reference!
The age of the child is the biggest factor here. Those younger ones, especially babies, tend to poop more during those early months. This will mean more wipes needed at this stage. Yet, the older a child gets, the less often the diaper needs changing, resulting in fewer wipes used.
The way we feed a baby can also play a part in how often their diaper needs changing. Most breast-fed babies often need more diaper changes than bottle-fed babies.
Yet, we may find it’s not always necessary to use baby wipes for every diaper change, which will affect knowing how many baby wipes per month you need. Some parents prefer to limit the use of baby wipes to those messy nappies, rather than those that are a little wet.
Besides diaper changes, many parents also like to use baby wipes for other purposes. This includes all-over cleaners, dirty hands and high-chairs, and potty training.
How Many Wipes Does a Baby Use in a Month?
We can base how many baby wipes per month on a figure of 10 to 12 diaper changes a day in the first month of a baby’s life. Then, eight to ten changes up to the five-month mark. From thereon until their first birthday, we can estimate around eight diaper changes per day. This means the average number of wipes used per month will fall in the region of 320.
How Many Wipes Does a Baby Use in a Year?
We can then take this how many baby wipes per month figure and combine it with a reduced number of 240 wipes per month as a baby gets older. This equals an average baby wipe usage of around 1040 over the space of a year.
For this reason, it’s a good idea to select those stronger and more durable wipes. This way, it’s possible to get more use out of one individual baby wipe as they won’t rip or tear so easily. This will also allow them to be folded over a couple of times each use.
Our Pick of the Best Baby Wipe Products on the Market
1. Pampers Sensitive Water-Based Baby Diaper Wipes
With nine pop-top packs included, Pampers Sensitive Water-Based Baby Diaper Wipes offers a total count of 576 wipes in their package.
These are water-based, hypoallergenic, and unscented. Pampers is also the number one sensitive wipe type and the preferred choice for use in hospitals.
20% thicker than standard wipes, Pampers wipes are extra thick and soft. This ensures no rips or tears and an ability to absorb more in the process. These wipes can also be folded several times, making good use of each one which makes how many baby wipes per month usage more effective.
With a pop-top design, accessing the pampers wipes is hassle-free in an instant.
Offering one of the best cleans every time, we’re looking at the average cost of just $0.02 for each wipe in the pampers pack.
- #1 Choice of U.S. Hospitals based on hospital sales data
- pH balancing formula helps protect sensitive skin
- Free of alcohol, perfume, parabens, phenoxyethanol, and dyes
2. Amazon Elements Baby Wipes
Offering their version of baby wipes is the Amazons Elements.
This package includes nine packs of 80 wipes, making it 720 wipes in total.
Each pack is a flip-top design ensuring ease of access to the wipes. The wipes themselves are also pediatrician tested and unscented for increased comfort.
Gently cleansing a baby’s skin, the Amazon wipes use natural ingredients alongside purified water.
These are also free from any fragrance, parabens, alcohol, dyes other unnecessary chemicals.
With a large, soft, but ultimately strong design, these wipes are also textured. This means they can cope with more in every single wipe.
Providing a most natural wipe, the Amazon Elements pack works out to around $0.02 for each individual wipe.
- 9 flip-top packs of 80 Unscented wipes
- Pediatrician tested
- Free from: Fragrances, alcohol, bronopol, dyes, parabens and phthalates
3. WaterWipes Unscented Baby Wipes
WaterWipes Unscented Baby Wipes combine just simple ingredients throughout their baby wipes – that is, 99.9% water, along with a hint of fruit extract.
Providing 12 packs, there are 720 wipes in total here.
Ideal for those with the more sensitive skin types, these are also good for premature babies, infants, and new-born skin.
With no parabens or sulphates included, the WaterWipes are also recognized by the National Eczema Association of America.
While the wipes are soft enough for gentle cleansing, they are also textured to grab hold of a variety of messes.
Suitable for a wide selection of clean-ups, the WaterWipes packs come in at around $0.06 per wipe.
- Simply two ingredients: Our fragrance-free baby wipes contain 99.9% water with just a drop of fruit extract
- Ideal for sensitive skin: Waterwipes baby wipes are gentle enough for premature, infant, and newborn skin
- Simple & clean: Vegan society accredited baby wipes are hypoallergenic and contain no parabens or sulphates to irritate sensitive skin
4. Baby Wipes by bloom BABY
Formulated using a plant-based Ecofibre and in 100% hydro pure water, the bloom BABY wipes are safe for all skin types.
Hypoallergenic and free from all chemicals, there are fragrance-free wipes and work to both nourish and moisture.
With an overall feel like that of soothing lotion, the bloom Baby wipes include various vitamins and omegas in their make-up.
A most textured and thick feel of a wipe, these are carefully designed with a unique textured surface area. As a result, these are stronger and less prone to breaking in use.
What’s more, the slight stretch incorporated into these wipes makes for ease of movement.
These 8” by 7” wipes offer an estimated cost of around $0.04 per wipe.
- AS UNIQUE AS YOUR BABY’S SKIN: Our wipes are formulated with plant-based EcoFiber in 100% hydro-pure water. They are hypoallergenic, and specifically formulated for use on sensitive skin, including the delicate skin of a newborn. Our wipes never contain alcohol, chlorine, phthalates, formaldehyde carriers, parabens, phenols, quaternary ammonium compounds, SLS, lanolin, or most common allergens. They are safe for all skin types, including those that are rash-prone.
- FRAGRANCE-FREE: Many of the baby wipes on the market today can contain even mild fragrance chemicals that harm your baby’s skin. Scented wipes, when formulated with harmful chemicals, contain irritants that cause discomfort. This can lead to rashes, redness, dryness, and itchiness, even if the baby has otherwise normal skin. Babies with eczema-prone skin, or skin that’s easily irritated, are especially vulnerable. This is why our wet wipes are 100% unscented and fragrance free.
- TEXTURED & THICK: Are you sick of having to use multiple wipes to fully clean the diaper area, especially because they break on you? We were too! This is why we carefully designed our wipes with a unique textured surface area. It makes the wipe stronger, and less prone to breakage. We have also incorporated a slight bit of stretch into the design to allow for easier movement and enhanced cleaning power. These revolutionary wipes are also an astonishing 8” by 7”!
5. HUGGIES Natural Care Baby Wipes
For the gentlest of cleans each time, Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes are offered as two packs, totaling 352 wipes.
Fragrance-free and ideal for the most sensitive of skin types, these are three times 99% water filtered wipes.
Hypoallergenic and pH balanced, Huggies are also free from any harsh chemicals.
In a flip-top pack, the EZ pull dispenser allows swift access, offering just one wipe at a time.
Textured, strong, and sturdy, Huggies wipes can cope with a lot of mess using just the one wipe. They also protect and nourish the skin with Aloe and Vitamin E in the process.
For these two packs, the estimated cost per wipe is around $0.05 per wipe.
- Contains 2 refill packs of 176 unscented baby wipes (352 wipes total)
- Pure & Gentle Wipes – Natural Care Sensitive Wipes contain 99% purified water and 1% skin essential ingredients for a gentler clean
- Safe for Sensitive Skin – Hypoallergenic & dermatologically tested, infused with aloe & vitamin E to keep baby's skin healthy and moisturized
6. The Honest Company Designer Baby Wipes
For a purest and gentle of plant-based wipes, The Honest Company sells four packs of wipes, equalling 288 in total.
With a convenient flip-top opening on each pack, these are alcohol and paraben-free and offer a non-fragrance finishing.
A hypoallergenic wipe choice, these use a medical-grade cloth, making them ideal for all skin types.
The result is a disposable cloth type that is ultra-durable and ultra-thick.
Embossed and interlocked throughout the design, the Honest Company baby wipes offer an increased loft and softness throughout use.
Boasting of a most natural botanical blend, a wipe in this pack here equates to around $0.06 each.
- Packaging may vary
- Pure and Gentle: The Pure and Gentle formula supports healthy skin; It’s infused with a botanical blend of pomegranate, chamomile, cucumber, and masterwork leaf for a natural experience; Our wipes are ready to clean your baby from head to toe
- Made without: Alcohol, parabens, phthalates, lanolin, phenols, SLS, chlorine processing, formaldehyde donors, or quaternary ammonium compounds because you shouldn’t have to choose between what works and what’s good for you
7. Kirkland Signature Baby Wipes
Offering no less than nine individual packs of wipe in the one box, Kirkland Signature combines a total of 900 baby wipes.
These ultra-soft wipes are the extra-large of wipes sizes, thus covering a wider cleaning area each time. This is possible through the inclusion of 70% Tencel. Thus, the result is an ultra-strong fiber combined with an ultra-soft finishing, making it rather economical when it comes to how many baby wipes per month.
Combining Aloe, chamomile, and Vitamin E for the smoothest of feels, these wipes rely on the most natural of make-ups.
Hypoallergenic, the Kirkland Signature baby wipes, are ideal for all skin types and contain no alcohol, dyes, chlorine, or phthalates.
With a cost-effective multi-pack solution, these wipes work out to around $0.03 each per wipe.
8. Seventh Generation Baby Wipes
Seventh Generation wipes are designed exclusively for all babies and sensitive skin types, coming in a box offering 768 wipes in total.
Clear and unscented, these are as gentle as water and free from any alcohol and parabens in their make-up.
With a thick construction but one that is ultimately soft in feel, these wipes are ideal for all over body use.
Dermatologically tested, Seventh Generation Baby Wipes are also hypoallergenic.
With the most practical flip-top designs, not only are the wipes easy to access, but they also keep their moistness and freshness.
With 12 packs per box, the average cost here is around $0.04 per baby wipe.
- Seventh generation free and clear sensitive baby wipes are made for your child's sensitive skin
- Thick and soft baby wipes for a gentle clean that is safe for baby, hands, and face
- Our unscented baby wipes are fragrance free, alcohol free, paraben free, and phenoxyethanol free
9. Aveeno Baby Sensitive All Over Wipes
From a brand that is dermatologist and pediatrician recommended, Aveeno Baby Sensitive All Over Wipes offers 336 counts of wipes that are the larger and more durable types. Unscented and made up using the softest of fibers, they work to leave a baby’s skin refreshed and moisturized after each use.
Using a 99% naturally derived formula, these contain natural oak extracts and Aloe.
Free from alcohol, fragrance, and phenoxyethanol, these wipes are also accepted by the National Eczema Association.
With an easy to open access top, one wipe can be pulled each time swiftly while the remaining wipes are resealable, retaining their moisture.
With six packs in total of 56 counts each, these come in at around $0.06 per wipe.
- 6 packs of 56-count Aveeno Baby Sensitive all over wipes, from a pediatrician- and dermatologist-recommended brand
- These unscented wipes are large and made with durable, thick, and soft fibers, ideal for quick and easy cleanups at home or while traveling on-the-go. The easy-open, one wipe at a time packaging is also resealable to maintain moisture.
- Disposable, moist baby wipes are ideal for gentle cleansing of baby's bottom, hands, and face, leaving sensitive skin feeling smooth, comfortable, moisturized, and refreshed
10. Cottonelle Flushable Toddler Wipes for Kids
For a flushable type of baby wipe, Cottonelle offer 360 wipes that are ideal for both babies and toddler use.
In a most practical of flip-top pack designs, these sensitive Cottonelle Flushable Toddler Wipes for Kids benefit from a fragrance-free, alcohol-free and hypoallergenic make-up.
With a clean in one swipe process, these wipes work well as potty training wipes, encouraging independent bathroom use.
Featuring a 100% flushable technology, Cottonelle wipes are both sewer-safe and septic-safe.
With a resealable lid ensuring ongoing freshness, these packs are ideal for both on the go and at home.
Available as a box of eight packs, the cost of one wipe here is around $0.04.
- Contains 8 flip-top packs of 45 moist wipes per pack = 360 wipes total; easy-to-use, fragrance-free toddler wipes that promote independent potty training
With the average parent working their way through at least 1000 plus wipes per year, it can be good practice working out your baby wipes cost per month!
Getting an idea of how many baby wipes per day we go through and doing a few calculations, allows us to search for that most cost-effective but ultimately durable of wipes to suit our baby’s needs.
A most essential product for so many of us, when it comes to taking care of my children’s skin, like most parents, I prefer those baby wipes that offer the most natural of ingredients.
With all the baby wipes reviewed here free from alcohol and fragrances, they all make brilliant choices for little ones. Yet, it’s the Pampers Sensitive Water-Based Baby Diaper Wipes that gets my vote. With an increased thickness, I find these the best value wipes for all my family’s needs.
So how many baby wipes per month do you go by, and what is your preferred brand for baby wipes? Share with us your thoughts!
Last update on 2020-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API