If you have narrowed your choice to UPPAbaby VS Bugaboo, I might be able to help you choose!
These amazing strollers are designed to meet the needs of modern parents. Bugaboo baby strollers and UPPAbaby are considered luxury strollers, with models on best high-end stroller lists.
But between Bugaboo VS UPPAbaby – which one is better for you? Let’s find out!
- UPPAbaby or Bugaboo: Brand Overview
- Bugaboo VS UPPAbaby Stroller Comparisons
- Which Stroller Is Better for Which Setting, Bugaboo or UPPAbaby?
- Deciding Between UPPAbaby or Bugaboo Stroller
To fully understand the rivalry between two stunning brands, Bugaboo and UPPAbaby, we first should talk about brands. Both brands enjoy excellent reputations. Bugaboo has been around since 1996, a decade before UPPAbaby.
From establishing, Bugaboo establishes itself as one of the most influential brands in the baby gear market. The brand’s offer focuses on modern and practical strollers.
However, Bugaboo also makes quality playards, infant car seats, high chairs, and stroller accessories. UPPAbaby has a massive offer of baby gear, including strollers, car seats, playards, and accessories.
You probably wonder where are UPPAbaby strollers made. The brand manufactures its strollers in China, following quality control from the headquarters in Massachusetts.
So, why is UPPAbaby so expensive? Pricing is complex, and the origin isn’t the only thing determining the price. Stroller frame and seat materials, engineering, design, warranty, comfort, and safety features increase the cost.
But, where are Bugaboo strollers made?
Similarly, all Bugaboo products, including strollers, are also made in China. Bugaboo provides quality control according to US standards.
Bugaboo prides itself on taking an environmentally friendly approach in its factories and operations. The brand focuses on making zero CO2 emissions in the future. The UPPAbaby brand also nurtures similar green politics and is a socially responsible brand.
Are Bugaboo strollers worth it? Depends on who you ask. Their full-sized strollers are top-notch, lightweight, sturdy, and durable!
Have you got a specific Bugaboo stroller VS UPPAbaby stroller dilemma in mind? Check the following comparisons to decide the best baby stroller for you!
Bugaboo Fox is one of the most popular Bugaboo strollers. It is suitable for babies from birth to 48 pounds. Parents love Bugaboo Fox because it is compact, lightweight, and features an adjustable handlebar, and a large canopy with a peek-a-boo window.
- Compact when folded
- Models after Bugaboo Fox 3 have mesh insert for breathability
- All-terrain swivel wheels
- Carrycot transforms into the toddler seat with straps
- Transforming the carrycot into a seat takes time
- Folding requires two hands and time
- It cannot be converted into a double stroller
UPPAbaby Vista is very similar to the Bugaboo Fox stroller, in terms of quality, price, and overall features. Vista has an adjustable handle and comes with a bassinet for a newborn. The difference with the Bugaboo Fox is that you get the toddler seat, sold separately. It takes more space than the convenient Bugaboo Fox.
However, Vista can be converted into a double or triple stroller which is excellent for families with two children.
- Vista can be adapted for two or three babies
- Suitable for newborns
- One-step fold
- Several great accessories included
- Parent or forward-facing available for bassinet and toddler seat
- Removing wheels for cleaning after bad weather isn’t easy
- The footrest isn’t strong enough to stay closed after folding
- When used as a double stroller with a bassinet, the configuration is awkward
Before the Bugaboo Cameleon was recalled, it was another worthy opponent to the UPPAbaby Vista stroller. Cameleon 3 has been discounted due to potential handle issues.
If you like Cameleon, you will love the Lynx model, the most affordable Bugaboo stroller, excellent for everyday use.
Lynx is the lightest Bugaboo stroller, equipped with quality wheels for rides on different terrains. Despite its small weight and compact size, Lynx is still a full sized stroller, suitable for babies from the age of six months.
It is compatible with the Bugaboo Turtle infant car seat, so you can use it as a convenient travel option from birth.
- Compatible without car seat adapter
- Convenient flap on the luggage basket to protect your stuff
- Most affordable Bugaboo model
- Adjustable, extendable canopy with 50 Upf protection
- Requires more effort for folding
- Cannot be used from birth without the infant car seats
- The all-black design doesn’t suit everyone’s aesthetic
UPPAbaby Vista 2 is an improved version of the standard Vista model with an extended color range, spacious toddler seat, and better maneuverability. You can use Vista 2 with a bassinet, toddler, or rumble seat. If you attach a piggyback, UPPAbaby Vista can accommodate three kids, which is incredible for growing families. The basket can hold a lot of stuff, up to 30 pounds.
- Suitable for more than one child
- Easy to maneuver
- One-step compact fold
- Excellent under seat basket
- Multiple color options
- Car seat compatible, but with adapters
- Pricier than Lynx
City stroller Bugaboo Bee has a reversible stroller seat and bassinet, alongside plenty of other great features. A quick review of the Bugaboo Bee 6 stroller must mention the compact, and simple, one-hand folding mechanism. Cool color options and comfortable design are additional pluses.
Unfortunately, the latest version of this popular Bugaboo Bee stroller model 6 was recalled, due to issues with the front wheel locking.
But, Bugaboo makes a lot of strollers that can come in place of Bee 6, such as Butterfly.
Bugaboo Butterfly is a compact travel stroller, similar to the UPPAbaby Minu v2 version. Butterfly folds in one second, and you don’t have to pull or adjust anything like you do in certain Bugaboo strollers.
It is a lightweight travel stroller, with a surprisingly large basket.
The stroller seat is quite comfortable, and the stroller is International Air Transport Association (IATA) compatible, so it is appropriate for flights, too. The age range is from six months to approximately four years.
- It weighs less than 17 pounds
- Quick and compact folding
- It fits small trunks and overhead compartments in planes
- Adjustable leg rest
- Compatible with Turtle Air car seat
- The fabric seems rough
- The reclining mechanism could be sturdier
- If the wheels were larger, the stroller would ensure smooth ride
The UPPAbaby Minu V2 looks a lot like Butterfly from Bugaboo, with slight differences. Minu V2 is suitable for babies from three months of age. Next, it features a compact size and one-step fold.
The stroller is IATA compatible. You can use it with an UPPAbaby bassinet from birth, and switch to the seat when the baby is old enough for it.
The Minu V2 travel stroller by UPPAbaby comes in several beautiful color options.
- Looks and feels sturdier than other lightweight travel strollers
- Doesn’t need much space for storing
- Easy to fold
- IATA compatible
- Expensive to be only a travel buggy
- The seat is somewhat shallow
- Compared to Butterfly, takes more space when folded
Travel stroller Bugaboo Lynx features multiple reclining positions in parent and forward-facing directions. The lightweight Bugaboo stroller has a sleek design and attractive leather details. Lynx has large wheels, which ensures a smooth ride and simple maneuverability.
Bugaboo Lynx features an adjustable handlebar and excellent balance. Therefore, it is suitable for the one-hand push.
- Suitable for parents of different heights
- Multiple reclining positions in both directions
- Stylish wheels with black or white caps
- Compatible with the board for an older kid to sit or stand
- Travel system ready without adapters with Bugaboo seats
- Somewhat limited space in the storage basket
- Wide when folded
- Only front-wheel suspension
A stroller similar to Bugaboo Lynx is UPPAbaby Cruz V2. The two have a lot in common, including similar telescopic handles, reclining systems, and both directions, wheel shape, and quality. Cruz stands out with the large-capacity storage basket and ability to convert to a double stroller.
The UPPAbaby Cruz V2 stroller is a travel system compatible with car seat adaptors. However, adapters allow you to use it with excellent Nuna, Maxi Cosi, and Chicco car seats.
Cruz features a self-standing design, when folded, and has a convenient canopy with a peek-a-boo window. It has a four-wheel suspension system, which means you can use it off the road.
- Large wheels suitable for multiple terrains
- Self-standing and narrow when folded so it fits closets
- Large storage basket
- All wheels suspension system
- Five reclining positions
- Somewhat heavy
- No vivid color options in the available color range
Bugaboo Donkey, the latest model 5 is a spacious stroller, excellent for twins! The stroller expands side by side, which means your precious babies will have more space and comfort when riding together. Because of it, double Donkey is wide and seems bulky, but it is excellent for parents who seek comfort over compactness.
Because of the side-to-side design, Donkey is well-balanced and easy to push, almost as if it was the standard single stroller. There are quite a few color options, which many parents will enjoy. Also, you can purchase a side luggage basket to double the storage capacity.
- Great for twins
- Easy to push
- Smooth ride on bumpy terrains
- Two folding options – one for storage, one for travel
- Heavy and bulky
- Disproportionate large for one baby and toddler, there are compact options on the market
- When used as a single stroller, the Donkey is unnecessarily wide
Uppababy Vista v2 easily converts to a double and triple stroller. The primary difference between the Donkey model is in the configuration and expandability. UPPAbaby Vista V2 allows various different seating positions and can be used for triplets also.
Because you can add a second seat above the initial seat, Uppababy Vista 2 has a narrow design and puts the baby closer to you for monitoring and connection.
- Narrow design
- Great for storing in small spaces
- The seat is closer to the parent
- Beautiful limited edition design options available
- Premium materials
- Seats might be too narrow for chubby babies
- Additions and extra seats are quite expensive
The last two competitors are Bugaboo Bee VS UPPAbaby Cruz. As I mentioned, the Bugaboo Bee 6 stroller isn’t available anymore, but overall it was similar to Cruz by UPPAbaby Vista. The primary difference was in the wheels. Bugaboo Bee had sturdy wheels with strong suspension springs, which made it excellent for bumpy terrains.
Compared to it, Cruz is better on smooth roads. Also, Bee reclines fully, and Cruz is recommended for infants with Snugseat or separate bassinet. The standard seat is suited for babies from six months.
Lastly, there is a difference in canopy design. UPPAbaby Vista 2 has a large canopy with a peek-a-boo window, while Bee lacks one.
Also read: Uppababy Cruz vs Vista
Ultimately, you should pick the stroller according to your needs, your lifestyle, and the most common terrain you’ll ride the stroller.
Here is a quick overview of which stroller to pick for different purposes:
- For running errands: Bugaboo Fox is the most convenient option for different settings, and errands in the city, suburban or off-road. It is also comfortable for the baby to nap in, if your errands take a lot of time!
- For Short Strolls or Walks in the Park: UPPAbaby Vista v2 is a great, luxury stroller that allows babies ultimate comfort. Overall, it folds easier than most Bugaboo models, so you can take the stroller for a short walk and easily fold it and pack it.
- When using public transportation: UPPAbaby Minu v2 is a compact and lightweight stroller that quickly folds if you want to take the baby out of it for public transport, taxi, or Uber. In addition, if you are riding by bus, your sleeping baby will remain cozy and comfortable during the ride!
- For traveling on plane/road trips: Bugaboo Butterfly is IATA-compatible, lightweight, and doesn’t take up much storage space.
- For everyday use of growing family: UPPAbaby Vista 2 is an excellent stroller for parents who want to invest in one stroller and have a solution for when they get another baby.
- When taking the stairs: Bugaboo Butterfly is the lightest, versatile stroller on the list, so you won’t have trouble carrying it on the stairs.
Bugaboo versus UPPAbaby is a tough decision, but a simple one if you know what you are looking for. Overall, it all comes down to this – Bugaboo luxury strollers are lighter than UPPAbaby, but their folding mechanism is more complex.
Also, if you have two or more kids, UPPAbaby is a better option for parents searching for a compact solution for their family.
Personally, I also prefer the design of UPPAbaby strollers with their beautiful stylish details such as a leather bumper bar. Also, their available color range better suits my aesthetic.
What about you? Which luxury stroller do you lean towards – UPPAbaby Vista VS Bugaboo? Or do you prefer any other UPPAbaby stroller model?
Lastly, here are a few more things to keep in mind to help you decide which brand is better suited for your needs.
UPPAbaby strollers offer excellent features, including quality materials, sturdy stroller frame, convertibility and expandability, height adjustable handlebar, spacious baskets, and stylish design. They are also travel systems compatible with various brands.
Bugaboo offers lighter single strollers, but UPPAbaby Vista is a better option if you have two or multiple children.
Single strollers have a similar price tag. If you are searching for a double model, UPPAbaby Vista 2 is more affordable than Bugaboo Donkey double stroller.
If you don’t mind spending cash, you won’t be disappointed with the features, quality, and design of UPPAbaby strollers.
Last update on 2023-06-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API